TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BELOW YOU WILL FIND A TRANSLATION OF OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR INFORMATION. IN ANY CASE, THE GERMAN VERSION IS APPLICABLE.
- These terms and conditions are valid for all reserved hotel rooms and/or meeting rooms at the „Waldhotel Heiligenhaus” as well as all services provided by the hotel.
- Subtenancy or renting out the booked hotel rooms and/or meeting rooms is subject to a prior agreement in writing by the hotel.
- The terms and conditions of the guest and/or organizer are not valid. They can eventually be added in a written agreement by the hotel.
Parties to the contract
- Parties to the contract regarding the room reservations and/or Meetings are the Hotel and the guest. If the person or company that reserves is not the guest or organizer, both will be responsible for eventual damages or claims by the hotel, unless there is a written declaration of one of the parties that determines who shall be held responsible.
- Claims against the hotel lapse generally after one year from the beginning of the normal limitation period. Claims for compensation lapse after 5 years, no matter, if the claimer has or not taken notice of the reason for the claim. This does not count for claims that are due to the hotels negligence of it’s rights and responsibilities.
Prices and services
- The party to the contract has no right to claim for specific Hotel- or meeting rooms, unless they have been specified at the reservation and been named by their respective room number or room name in the contract.
- All prices are in Euro and inclusive of service and value added tax. If the reservation confirmation mentions fix prices and the time period between the contract and the day the services are provides is longer than 4 months, the hotel has the right to adjust the prices according to the market without prior notice.
- Guest bills are payable net at checkout. They can only be posted if the hotelstay exceeds.
- Roomnights and if the company has given a written agreement to take over the cost related to the stay. Bills of guests who stay longer than 7 nights are payable weekly.
- The prices can also be modified by the hotel if the hotel agrees to the guest’s wish to make changes to the initial reservation (contract) such as the number of rooms, the related services and/or the length of the stay etc.
- Bills that are not payable immediately have to be paid within 14 days, whereas the date mentioned on the bill is contractual. If the bill is not paid within this period the hotel has the right to charge an interest of 5 percent over the official interest rate for the delay.
- The hotel may ask for an appropriate advance payment either at or after conclusion of the contract. The amount of the advance payment(s) as well as the deadlines for payment are fixed in writing between the parties.
- A decrease against the demands of the hotel is only possible if the exact amount to be decreased has been fixed in a legally valid judgement.
- The hotel has the right to refuse cheques and credit cards. If outlay by the hotel or services from third parties are paid by credit card a commission of 5 percent is added to the total amount of those services.
- If the „Waldhotel Heiligenhaus” has justified reasons that the booked services can disturb the regular business or endanger the security and/or the good reputation of the hotel, or in case of force majeure the Hotel may cancel the booked rooms as well as the booked event. In such a case any claim for compensation against the hotel is impossible.
Check-in, check-out, cancellation, resignation
- Reserved rooms are available from 2:00 PM on the arrival day. The day of departure the rooms have to be cleared at 11:00 AM. In case the guest has not left the room in time the hotel reserves the right to charge additional accommodation.
- Regulations for cancellations of booked rooms:
From 1 to 3 booked roomnights the cancellation is free of charge if the hotel is informed minimum 24 hours prior to arrival. From 4 to 10 booked roomnights the cancellation is free of charge if the hotel is informed minimum 14 days prior to arrival. From 11 or more booked roomnights the cancellation is free of charge if the hotel is informed minimum 90 days prior to arrival. If the rooms are cancelled between 89 and 45 days prior to arrival 50% of the amount of the cancelled rooms is due. If the rooms are cancelled between 44 and 30 days prior to arrival 60% of the amount of the cancelled rooms is due.
- For cancellations that are received later than at the indicated deadlines 80% of the amount of the cancelled rooms is due, unless the rooms can be rented again. It is up to the guest to prove that no or less financial damage than the amount charged was supported by the hotel.
- During fairs and in case of a special event different regulations apply. Those are individually mentioned on a separate contract.
- Claims for compensation against the hotel are generally excluded. This does not count for damage of the physical integrity, if the hotel is responsible or for damages that result from the violation of the hotel’s duties.
- Malfunction of technical or other equipment provided by the hotel will be repaired by the hotel immediately if possible. If the hotel is not responsible for the dis- and/or malfunction payments of amounts due cannot be held back or reduced.
- The guest and/or organizer are responsible for all damage made to the building or the inventory, that are caused by participants of the event, visitors, employees or other people related to the event, as well as the organizer himself. In all cases all legal policies especially for fire and safety must not be breached.
- Wake-up calls can be programmed by the guest either with the telephone system or the TV. Special wake-up requests can be asked for at the reception, and the hotel will do it’s best to fulfil those wishes. Nevertheless the hotel cannot be held responsible for malfunctions of the technical equipment nor for failing to do the call, or transferring messages late or loss of incoming and/or outgoing messages. In those cases claims for compensation are excluded
- The hotel is liable for personal belongings that are brought along through the terms of the law and for a maximum amount of € 3.500,00. The maximum amount that the hotel is liable for regarding money, valuables, jewellery, etc. is € 800,00. Money, valuables, jewellery, etc. up to a maximum amount of € 5.000,00 can be deposited in the Hotel deposit box. The maximum amount insured in the room deposit box is € 1.000,00. If the casualty, destruction or damage is not noticed immediately to the hotel, the guest loose his right to claim for any compensation.
- The hotel is not liable for any damage and/or disappearing of vehicles parked on the parking of hotel.
Events Booked function rooms are at the disposal of the contractor at the agreed times. If the organizer/contractor wishes to use the rooms beyond those times he needs the agreement of the hotel. The Hotel cannot be held responsible for belongings or equipment and presentation material that has been left in the hotel and/or function room. The organizer is obliged to remove all brought along packaging, brochures etc. at his own cost. If he doesn’t the hotel has the right to charge the removal at the usual cost. Below are the cancellation policies for booked events:
If the event is cancelled 90 days or more before the event starts it is free of charge. If the event is cancelled between 89 and 45 days before the event starts only the room rental for the concerned function rooms is charged. If the event is cancelled between 44 and 30 days before the event starts the room rental as well as 40 % of the booked turnover (food and beverage) are charged. If the event is cancelled between 29 and 15 days before the event starts the room rental as well as 60 % of the booked turnover (food and beverage) are charged. If the event is cancelled less than 14 days before the event starts the room rental as well as 80 % of the booked turnover (food and beverage) are charged. Reductions in the number of participants regarding packages and meals are charged as follows (for room reservations see above): Up to 45 days before the event starts a reduction of 50 % maximum of participants is free of charge. Up to 30 days before the event starts a reduction of 25 % maximum of participants is free of charge. Up to 5 days before the event starts a reduction of 5 % maximum of participants is free of charge.
The billing will be based on the number of participants who the organizer has to transmit to the hotel latest 4 days before the event starts. If the number of participants differs to much from the confirmed number the hotel has the right to change the confirmed function room as well as to readjust the agreed tariffs. The hotel may bill the real number of participants if there are more participants than initially confirmed. Events that last longer than 1:00 AM are subject to a night fee that is € 160,00 per started hour.
Two weeks before the event the hotel requires a deposit of 50% of the estimated total amount, that is agreed between the parties while finalizing the event. The balance is due within 14 days after the event. Payments may be made only in cash or by transfer without deduction. The hotel does not act as an organizer for artists and musicians. It is the organizer of the event who contracts the artist and therefore is responsible for payments of any royalties or taxes, such as the GEMA- fee in Germany. Final regulations. Court of jurisdiction
- All contracts are in writing. Oral agreements regarding the contract are not valid.
- Place of the event as well as the payment are the headquarters of the hotel.
- The court of jurisdiction is the “Amtsgericht Velbert”.
- The contract is ruled by the German law.
- If some of the regulations of those terms and conditions are no longer valid or do not apply, it will not modify the validity of the rest of the terms and conditions. Legal rules and regulations are valid.